Thank you for visiting Anchored-In-Knowledge.com!
As a newbie to this site, some things can appear a bit confusing and maybe even overwhelming. So I started this page to help you navigate through this site.
On this site, you will also find information from blogs, podcasts/radio interviews, articles, etc. that may be helpful to you.
Schedule a therapy session
If you are interested in scheduling a therapy appointment with me, please click here: https://anchoredinknowledge.com/counseling-services/.
If you are not quite ready to schedule a session and have questions, feel free to send me an email at: [email protected]
You can also send me an online voicemail by going back to the home screen, scrolling down to the bottom of the page, and click on “record a message.”
Blog posts and articles
I cover a variety of topics including but not limited to:
- Specific mental health conditions:
- Borderline Personality Disorder – primarily on the topic of adolescent borderline trait
- Childhood trauma and its effect on growing individuals
- Psychotic symptoms or features in children and adolescents
- Depression and anxiety
- Behavioral problems
- Relational challenges
- Pursuing appropriate mental health treatment and locating services in your area
- Knowing the right questions to ask a mental health professional if a loved one is hospitalized or receiving mental health care.
- Protecting your loved one’s rights within the mental health system
- Confidentiality and HIPAA laws
- Mental Health challenges within ethnic minority communities
You will also find a series of inspirational videos, music, and posts from me. I love to pass the information along and share with my clients, online followers, visitors to this site, etc. I believe sharing knowledge leads to greater awareness and hope. Most of the information I share involves existential/philosophical/faith-based perspectives on:
- Self esteem and self-identity with adolescent girls
- Delinquency in adolescent boys
- pain and sorrow
You will get a mix of information for intellectual use and emotional/spiritual use as well. Here is an example of what you’ll find!
Psycho-education involves the learning of information specific to psychology, counseling, or mental health. I will provide as much education as possible on just about every topic I write about. Please feel free to leave me a message below, on the front page, with suggestions on topics you’d like to learn more about.
There are also a few definitions on this site that you should be aware of. Some examples are:
- HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act)
- Confidentiality (your right to privacy in a healthcare setting)
- Psychiatric Advanced Directives, also known as a “living will” (gives family control over a loved one’s treatment)
- Severe mental illness (anything that debilitates an individual and reduces ability to function in daily life)
- Involuntary commitment (being hospitalized against one’s will)
- Civil commitment (state law that allows individuals to sign themselves into a hospital or be committed)
There is a lot of information on this site! So please feel free to start out by going to my about page and navigate around the site.
Podcasts, radio interviews, etc not on this site
Lastly, you will see links to other blogs, organizations, etc. that I have partnered with to produce a podcast, an article, a blog post, etc. You can usually find this information under “media.”
Thank you once again for visiting. If you’d like to stay updated on other things I’m doing in mental health and counseling, sign up for my newsletter!