Childhood Trauma & Suicide Webinar: Register Now
Are you a teacher, school counselor, therapist, or parent interested in learning more about childhood suicide and its connection to trauma? Tune in with me, June 15th and June 22nd, as I discuss this insidious phenomenon among 7 to 12 year old youths and its connection to trauma.
Sadly, many schools, teachers, school counselors, and parents lack knowledge on the prevalence of suicide among children and pre-teens. Our kids have so many barriers to knock down on a daily basis including but not limited to:
- The negative influences of social media on their mood, thoughts, and self-esteem
- Bullying in school (physically, emotionally/psychologically, verbally, etc)
- Challenges with retaining information
- Challenges paying attention for long periods of time and/or following instruction
- Trying to fit in with peers and exploring their identity apart from their families
- Juggling schoolwork and extracurricular activities
Because of these challenges some kids choose either to entertain the idea of killing themselves or set out to complete a suicide. Thankfully, most kids do not have the means to commit a suicide and are often caught by parents or teachers who find out through the grapevine.
But there are some kids who are methodical and intelligent and are capable of completing a suicide if the time is right. As a result, in this webinar I aim to educate parents and teachers on:
- things that can trigger suicidal thoughts,
- warning signs that kids may be contemplating suicide,
- ways parents and teachers can support the child,
- safety planning and crisis management,
- helping the youth develop coping skills, and
- various levels of treatment for suicidal kids
I will begin the webinar series by discussing childhood trauma and its association with suicidal thinking.
Register for free (*limited time)
If you are interested in participating in this webinar series click on the links below. It is important that you register before the event. Once the event is over, there will be a fee to review the recorded webinar.
If you have questions about this topic, please post them below and I will try to answer them during the webinar.
See you there.
- Childhood Suicide: Signs, Effects, and Links to Trauma, June 15: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3876994929413598467
- Childhood Suicide: 9 Tips for Parents and Teachers, June 22: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5097159266640511491
To learn more about SimpleK12, please visit their website and register (www.simplek12.com) or follow them on Twitter: @SimpleK12